George H. Latimer, Sr. began Latimer's Funeral Home in 1924 shortly after completing embalming school in Raleigh, North Carolina. There was a need for a black funeral establishment in Horry County since one did not exist at that time. The original location was at 1712 Racepath Avenue, Conway, S.C. In 1945 Mr. Latimer purchased a funeral home from Mr. Willie Goldfinch and continued to operate it at that current location until 1978 when a new firm was erected. Latimer Funeral Home continues to serve Horry and surrounding counties and parts of North Carolina. National shipping has ranged to most of the 50 states including Alaska and Hawaii. International shipping has ranged from Vietnam to Mexico to Africa and several islands of the Caribbean. Managed by Mrs. Edna M. Latimer and her son's George H. Latimer, Jr. and Marvin K. Latimer. Staff members: Ronald Phillips, Edward Davis, Leroy McKnight, Wallace McKnight, Kim Latimer, Bradleigh Latimer, Nigel Latimer, and Ann Livingston.